Sometimes the simplest things can make you feel real good. I know my worth. I know what I can do. I know what is possible. I can encourage so many people. I sit and give advice all the time, but I can take advice too. I love to be challenged and I love when I get inspired by my surroundings. The motivational words people speak whether directly to me or in my presence and I love feeling like I can do anything. I love it when others believe in me too. I am who I am because of those that came before me and those that push me along the way. I honestly and truly love it. My feel-good thoughts for today.
As a 12th grade teacher and counselor I like to give a positive perspective of our city's young people. During this season of gratitude I'd be remiss if I didn't take pride in the brilliance of our children, especially the older ones. With so much death and despair gaining news coverage we tend to forget the kids that are on the right track doing, the work to make themselves better. Each year our high school seniors spend the fall applying to colleges far and wide hoping for a chance to start a new journey in just a years time. With dreams of a career in engineering, medicine or even animal husbandry (yes this is a thing) they cast fear aside and shoot for their ultimate goals in spite of current circumstances. We often don't recognize the teens working long shifts at local stores after a full day of school just to have a sense of responsibility. The teens that sit up all night fretting over projects and assignments due the next day aren't always on our radar, but ...
Comments
Post a Comment