I used to be fun. Not that I'm not fun now with my 2.5 kids, hubby, house and all life's wonders, but I used to be full of life. Parties. Gatherings. Get togethers. Meet ups. Bar/Club scene. Dancing. I was there. Whenever a song hit the air I was on my feet on the dance floor doing whatever I felt like at any given moment. Life of the party and I loved it. I had cookout every major (or minor) holiday and football parties at the drop of a hat. I celebrated all the time. Fun. I miss that some. Yes life is different now, but I appreciate the celebratory life I used to lead. Finding ways to incorporate that sense of excitement and celebration into my more mature everyday life now. The thought of going out nightly and partying now gives me anxiety, but finding a happy medium wouldn't hurt. I deserve an outlet. 😁
As a 12th grade teacher and counselor I like to give a positive perspective of our city's young people. During this season of gratitude I'd be remiss if I didn't take pride in the brilliance of our children, especially the older ones. With so much death and despair gaining news coverage we tend to forget the kids that are on the right track doing, the work to make themselves better. Each year our high school seniors spend the fall applying to colleges far and wide hoping for a chance to start a new journey in just a years time. With dreams of a career in engineering, medicine or even animal husbandry (yes this is a thing) they cast fear aside and shoot for their ultimate goals in spite of current circumstances. We often don't recognize the teens working long shifts at local stores after a full day of school just to have a sense of responsibility. The teens that sit up all night fretting over projects and assignments due the next day aren't always on our radar, but ...
Comments
Post a Comment