Skip to main content

Chili's 2451Cheltenham Ave, Wyncote, Pa (Cheltenham Mall) BEWARE

Documenting a bad customer service experience here. Please report poor customer service EVERYWHERE! This evening my family had a bad experience at a restaurant we frequent quite often. Tonight was out of the ordinary.

Tonight February 22, 2018 at 6:58pm I arrived at Chili's restaurant at Cheltenham Mall with my husband and daughter's. When we arrived we were told that it would be a 20- 30 minute wait. We sat and waited. I saw a good friend and began chatting with her. She said she had been waiting for some time for a drink and had yet to be served. I look over at my family and see them becoming restless. It is now 45 minutes later. I rejoin them and check with the host to see how much longer we have to wait. He gave a vague answer of 2 more tables need to be seated before us. We were then seated at 7:59pm. A waitress did not come to our table for 10 minutes. When she arrived she took our drink and appetizer order (8:09pm). Drinks came at 8:35. I ordered hot tea but the waitress did not leave silverware. I tried to get someone to bring me a spoon but it did not arrive until after the appetizers. Appetizers were served at 8:48pm. Our main entree came at 9:15pm and my husband's sizzling entree was cold to touch. He sent it back. In total we spend over two and a half hours at Chili's. The service was beyond slow. My husband went to the back of the store to complain directly to the manager. The bill was brought to us soon after he sent back his food (within in 5 mins). The waitress returned within 2 minutes to collect the money for the bill. We asked to speak to the manager again and waited for 20 minutes for him to come to our table. When he did not arrive I went to the back of the store to complain about the service. I was met with a group of other angry customers who had similar experiences. The manager's name was Brian. Our waitress Alisha. Many customers were angry and yelling at the staff about the poor experience. I chose to speak up about the treatment and voice my distain for the dining experience in a respectful manner. I did not want to give anyone the satisfaction of labelling me as a disgruntled customer who deserved such treatment. I filed 2 formal complaints on the corporate website this evening and will be calling the corporate office and general store manager tomorrow morning. This was a downright terrible experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude for Philly Youth

As a 12th grade teacher and counselor I like to give a positive perspective of our city's young people. During this season of gratitude I'd be remiss if I didn't take pride in the brilliance of our children, especially the older ones. With so much death and despair gaining news coverage we tend to forget the kids that are on the right track doing, the work to make themselves better. Each year our high school seniors spend the fall applying to colleges far and wide hoping for a chance to start a new journey in just a years time. With dreams of a career in engineering, medicine or even animal husbandry (yes this is a thing) they cast fear aside and shoot for their ultimate goals in spite of current circumstances. We often don't recognize the teens working long shifts at local stores after a full day of school just to have a sense of responsibility. The teens that sit up all night fretting over projects and assignments due the next day aren't always on our radar, but ...

Jada

People put so much emphasis on perfection when thinking about Jada Pinkett-Smith and celebrities/politicians in general. I think about all of the naysayers saying that she can't be an expert on interpersonal relationships or give advice through channels like the Red Table Talk series because of her recent admission of supposed infidelity in her marriage. But she is a human being. That is one thing that has frightened me in all of my professional journeys. People believe that if you fail in one aspect of your life then you don't have the right to give advice to anyone in another area or even in that area of life. It is a perceived notion that you must be perfect all around, have a perfect image everywhere so that you can advise. People are trying to cancel her saying that she can't give anyone advice on anything anymore because of this new revelation. This revelation that is new to us. But who are we really? My question comes in how can people grow if the mistakes they make ...

Nondescript Sick Fall 2021

I have been sick for the past 6 weeks. Covid symptoms without covid. I have taken no less than 6 Covid test rapid and PCR at Urgent care, the emergency room and at work all have been negative. I hate this. I have experienced every symptom known to man. Long lasting deep coughs, difficulty breathing, sneezing, nausea, headaches, vomiting, inability to sleep, extreme fatigue, fever, chills, whole body aches, chest heaviness, overall exhaustion. All intermittently over the course of a month and a half. I've been to my primary, urgent care and the Emergency Room all for them to diagnose me with the randomest upper repository issues. I've been diagnosed with bronchitis, an ear infection, the flu and seasonal allergies gone arry. The Emergency department basically said that I have a non descript upper respiratory infection and that I need to rest. They gave me an inhaler because I may be developing asthma. At 38, because life. I was told that my cough can last up to 6 weeks and ther...