I'm so tired of being angry. People just aren't getting it. I am TERRIFIED for my husband, father, nephew, brother.. It shouldn't be this way. I'm terrified for me.. this feels like some kind of police state.. a war torn country or a country on the verge of a civil war.. I am literally at a lost of what to do now.. I pore my life into my family, my work.. trying to create positive opportunities for growth.. for people to see their purpose.. how can I combat this plague of deadly violence from law enforcement towards our Black men and women.. you can say all of the "he should or shouldn't have done this or that" but at the end of the day it's just one less ______ on the street.. How can things be better? I really feel like I (or my family) could be next and this feeling just won't go away... I don't know what to do..
As a 12th grade teacher and counselor I like to give a positive perspective of our city's young people. During this season of gratitude I'd be remiss if I didn't take pride in the brilliance of our children, especially the older ones. With so much death and despair gaining news coverage we tend to forget the kids that are on the right track doing, the work to make themselves better. Each year our high school seniors spend the fall applying to colleges far and wide hoping for a chance to start a new journey in just a years time. With dreams of a career in engineering, medicine or even animal husbandry (yes this is a thing) they cast fear aside and shoot for their ultimate goals in spite of current circumstances. We often don't recognize the teens working long shifts at local stores after a full day of school just to have a sense of responsibility. The teens that sit up all night fretting over projects and assignments due the next day aren't always on our radar, but ...
Comments
Post a Comment