Skip to main content

Birthday Gift

My birthday is Thursday July 14th and I know what I want! There are some young people in Philadelphia who have worked extremely hard throughout their time on this Earth. They have not only attended and graduated from high school, but some have worked to support their family while doing so. Others have taken care of younger siblings while studying, while others have taken care of ill parents. Others have just pesevered through a system not set up for their success. Through adversity however these students have committed to attending a college this fall! There are so many young people who are AMAZING in our very own city. In this time of turmoil please consider donating a dorm room item for students who will be going off to college this fall. This year my organization, Dana's Resources, Inc will be giving away at least 10 trunks (or trunk like containers) to deserving youth from the Philadelphia area filled with donated items from people like you! We always ask the question what can we do to spread love and help one another.. I prefer to give back to our community. Please help me do so! That's what I want for my birthday.. to give unto others. Our kids deserve it! If you would like to donate please text 267-908-5417 or email danasresources@gmail.com or message me on Facebook or Instagram. We have already started collecting both item and monetary donations. No donation is too small! I just received 5 key chains today! I do pick ups and receive drop offs. In this 2nd year we hope to collect enough to fill 10 trunks and hopefully more. Will be accepting donations until August 6th when the winners are annouced. Have a youth that is deserving? Nominate them by July 31st! Want to join us in celebrating the winners? Come to the Community Trunk Party August 13th! Let's spread joy and love! Even the smallest action can have a resounding affect. Thank you!

With love,

Dana Martin
Founder
Dana's Resources, Inc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude for Philly Youth

As a 12th grade teacher and counselor I like to give a positive perspective of our city's young people. During this season of gratitude I'd be remiss if I didn't take pride in the brilliance of our children, especially the older ones. With so much death and despair gaining news coverage we tend to forget the kids that are on the right track doing, the work to make themselves better. Each year our high school seniors spend the fall applying to colleges far and wide hoping for a chance to start a new journey in just a years time. With dreams of a career in engineering, medicine or even animal husbandry (yes this is a thing) they cast fear aside and shoot for their ultimate goals in spite of current circumstances. We often don't recognize the teens working long shifts at local stores after a full day of school just to have a sense of responsibility. The teens that sit up all night fretting over projects and assignments due the next day aren't always on our radar, but ...

Nondescript Sick Fall 2021

I have been sick for the past 6 weeks. Covid symptoms without covid. I have taken no less than 6 Covid test rapid and PCR at Urgent care, the emergency room and at work all have been negative. I hate this. I have experienced every symptom known to man. Long lasting deep coughs, difficulty breathing, sneezing, nausea, headaches, vomiting, inability to sleep, extreme fatigue, fever, chills, whole body aches, chest heaviness, overall exhaustion. All intermittently over the course of a month and a half. I've been to my primary, urgent care and the Emergency Room all for them to diagnose me with the randomest upper repository issues. I've been diagnosed with bronchitis, an ear infection, the flu and seasonal allergies gone arry. The Emergency department basically said that I have a non descript upper respiratory infection and that I need to rest. They gave me an inhaler because I may be developing asthma. At 38, because life. I was told that my cough can last up to 6 weeks and ther...

Jada

People put so much emphasis on perfection when thinking about Jada Pinkett-Smith and celebrities/politicians in general. I think about all of the naysayers saying that she can't be an expert on interpersonal relationships or give advice through channels like the Red Table Talk series because of her recent admission of supposed infidelity in her marriage. But she is a human being. That is one thing that has frightened me in all of my professional journeys. People believe that if you fail in one aspect of your life then you don't have the right to give advice to anyone in another area or even in that area of life. It is a perceived notion that you must be perfect all around, have a perfect image everywhere so that you can advise. People are trying to cancel her saying that she can't give anyone advice on anything anymore because of this new revelation. This revelation that is new to us. But who are we really? My question comes in how can people grow if the mistakes they make ...