Skip to main content

Complex

I'm full of contradictions, but so is everyone else. No one is linear. One way all the time. A straight line. I am working my way through all of my intricacies and learning to accept myself the way I am. I find that I fall in love with things easily. I enjoy the feeling of liking something so much that it affects me deep down in my core. It's less stress for me that way. With all my many titles I enjoy being so very different and representing so many different things. Politically I have very liberal beliefs and some conservative views as well. As a wife I am soft and submissive yet firm and boisterous in some areas. Financially I spend frivolously yet am overly consumed with saving money. Some students fear me, others adore me, many both. I'm funny (like hilarious to myself) but hella serious most times. I'm loud as hell and shy. I'm family oriented but crave alone time. I yearn for stability yet spontaneity sets fire to my soul. I'm an adrenaline junkie but scared of high stakes thrills. I believe it's possible to love two people at the same time. I believe in the 2nd amendment and gun safety/less gun access. I want everything and nothing all at the same time. Crazy? No. Just human. And that makes me complex. I watch social media posts roast people all the time for having seemingly contradictory views and actions. Humans by nature are complex. It's not fair to judge people period. People are complicated. Life is too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude for Philly Youth

As a 12th grade teacher and counselor I like to give a positive perspective of our city's young people. During this season of gratitude I'd be remiss if I didn't take pride in the brilliance of our children, especially the older ones. With so much death and despair gaining news coverage we tend to forget the kids that are on the right track doing, the work to make themselves better. Each year our high school seniors spend the fall applying to colleges far and wide hoping for a chance to start a new journey in just a years time. With dreams of a career in engineering, medicine or even animal husbandry (yes this is a thing) they cast fear aside and shoot for their ultimate goals in spite of current circumstances. We often don't recognize the teens working long shifts at local stores after a full day of school just to have a sense of responsibility. The teens that sit up all night fretting over projects and assignments due the next day aren't always on our radar, but ...

Jada

People put so much emphasis on perfection when thinking about Jada Pinkett-Smith and celebrities/politicians in general. I think about all of the naysayers saying that she can't be an expert on interpersonal relationships or give advice through channels like the Red Table Talk series because of her recent admission of supposed infidelity in her marriage. But she is a human being. That is one thing that has frightened me in all of my professional journeys. People believe that if you fail in one aspect of your life then you don't have the right to give advice to anyone in another area or even in that area of life. It is a perceived notion that you must be perfect all around, have a perfect image everywhere so that you can advise. People are trying to cancel her saying that she can't give anyone advice on anything anymore because of this new revelation. This revelation that is new to us. But who are we really? My question comes in how can people grow if the mistakes they make ...

Nondescript Sick Fall 2021

I have been sick for the past 6 weeks. Covid symptoms without covid. I have taken no less than 6 Covid test rapid and PCR at Urgent care, the emergency room and at work all have been negative. I hate this. I have experienced every symptom known to man. Long lasting deep coughs, difficulty breathing, sneezing, nausea, headaches, vomiting, inability to sleep, extreme fatigue, fever, chills, whole body aches, chest heaviness, overall exhaustion. All intermittently over the course of a month and a half. I've been to my primary, urgent care and the Emergency Room all for them to diagnose me with the randomest upper repository issues. I've been diagnosed with bronchitis, an ear infection, the flu and seasonal allergies gone arry. The Emergency department basically said that I have a non descript upper respiratory infection and that I need to rest. They gave me an inhaler because I may be developing asthma. At 38, because life. I was told that my cough can last up to 6 weeks and ther...