Mercury? Today was hard hard and there wasn’t a particular instance that made it harder than a normal day but from the time I woke up it was a hard day. It was hard at work, it was hard at home, it was hard to focus. Miscommunication was at an all-time high. There were physical altercations, negative student interactions, negative peer interactions and negative family interactions. Overall stress just beat me down today. I’m tired physically, mentally, and emotionally drained. I honestly want to just get in bed. I had to write it all out of my brain so I won’t carry it with me back home. I am not sad or upset I just feel depleted. So I am going home to rest right now.
As a 12th grade teacher and counselor I like to give a positive perspective of our city's young people. During this season of gratitude I'd be remiss if I didn't take pride in the brilliance of our children, especially the older ones. With so much death and despair gaining news coverage we tend to forget the kids that are on the right track doing, the work to make themselves better. Each year our high school seniors spend the fall applying to colleges far and wide hoping for a chance to start a new journey in just a years time. With dreams of a career in engineering, medicine or even animal husbandry (yes this is a thing) they cast fear aside and shoot for their ultimate goals in spite of current circumstances. We often don't recognize the teens working long shifts at local stores after a full day of school just to have a sense of responsibility. The teens that sit up all night fretting over projects and assignments due the next day aren't always on our radar, but ...
Comments
Post a Comment