Just letting it flow. I haven't written in while because I have been getting away from myself. Missing appointments and not making time to write in my planner, not blogging. I have become consumed with doing for others once again and not taking care of my own basic needs. I drive everywhere, take the kids everywhere, house planning and construction, prom planning, kid activities while trying to stay a relevant business woman and a decent wife. Tired as always, but as I sit here out on the porch during this rain storm with my 3 girls I realize that I am blessed more than stressed. So that's what I'll end with
As a 12th grade teacher and counselor I like to give a positive perspective of our city's young people. During this season of gratitude I'd be remiss if I didn't take pride in the brilliance of our children, especially the older ones. With so much death and despair gaining news coverage we tend to forget the kids that are on the right track doing, the work to make themselves better. Each year our high school seniors spend the fall applying to colleges far and wide hoping for a chance to start a new journey in just a years time. With dreams of a career in engineering, medicine or even animal husbandry (yes this is a thing) they cast fear aside and shoot for their ultimate goals in spite of current circumstances. We often don't recognize the teens working long shifts at local stores after a full day of school just to have a sense of responsibility. The teens that sit up all night fretting over projects and assignments due the next day aren't always on our radar, but ...
Comments
Post a Comment